Saturday, May 26, 2012

Bobbies


Here I am standing between two metropolitan policemen that everyone refers to them as Bobbies.  Even though it was a slightly rainy day it was a fun day of tramping through London.  These fellas were serious and did not say a word when I asked to stand between them to have a photo taken of the three of us.  Here I am wearing my funny pants, and my friend’s jacket walking around with Mike Brooks who lives in Kent with his wife, Patricia, that I knew when my husband Bill worked with him at the Nchanga Copper Mines in Chingola, Zambia.  I thanked them for being so nice to be photographed with me and they still did not mutter a word.  We walked away in a hurry as the rain was pelting down just a little more so we stepped into a local shop and had a lovely cup of tea with a scone oozing with butter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment