Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Zambia National Broadcasting • Club House








I was most fortunate to be given time free of charge and directed and produced a weekly children’s program for nine years called CLUBHOUSE on TV and radio. NCCM and local businesses in Chingola provided transportation back and forth to the studio in Kitwe and Ndola. Weekly rehearsals were held at the St. Mark’s church in Chingola with the Zambian and expatriate children. Friends from the Seattle, WA area sent us tee shirts for the children with CLUBHOUSE engraved on them. We sang songs not only in English but in the local tribal languages which were Bemba, Lozi, Kaonde, Lunda, Luvale, Nyanja and Tonga. I visited many villages and many heard our programs on their wireless radios. 
It has been twenty five plus years and I hear from many of the children that were on my weekly radio and TV program. I even recognize their voices most of the time even before they tell me who they are when they locate me and give me a much appreciated telephone call.

God blessed me so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment