Monday, January 28, 2013

Florida Southern College Memory



It was a typical warm, hot, sticky day in class at Florida Southern College in Lakeland, Florida.  I had a seven am class every morning Spring and Winter semesters. I was approved to take twenty one credits so I could graduate early as I had been offered my first teaching position sight unseen in an elementary school in South Florida.  My classes were over at eleven forty five am, and I ran all the way to work as I was a car hop at a local drive- in restaurant. I arrived on time for the noon to six pm shift. I changed clothes in their restroom, and one of my class mates picked me up after work with her dad’s yellow Nash, and off we went to help provide the music for a tent revival.  A young man from Georgia in his second year of Bible College was in my class was holding a tent revival.  He was such a quiet, reserve person, but when he preached he had a lot of enthusiasm. I played the saxophone, Tillie played the accordion, David played the trombone, and Tommy played the guitar.  The Lord really blessed us as we played our instruments, sang, gave our personal testimonies, and took turns delivering the sermon. When the altar call was given folks would come forward and accept Jesus as their personal Savior. 
Thank You heavenly Father for using me to reach others and tell them of how You gave Your only Son to die on the cross so that they might live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment