Friday, February 8, 2013

South Africa • Joan Hust



When I visited some schools this is the stanza that I remembered and I enjoyed it so much. 
National Anthem
Sounds the call to come together,
And united we shall stand,
Let us live and strive for freedom
In South Africa our land.




I just really loved the people and places I visited in South Africa.  It is too big to visit everywhere, but I was able to go shopping in Johannesburg, Capetown and Durban. My son, Jacob, was a student at Treverton School in Mooi River.  It catered to boys and girls from all grades, and Post-Matric. It is an inter-denominational Christian school founded on a Baptist heritage. Jacob loved it and did very well. He looked very handsome in his blue blazer, white shirt and tie.  During his time there in sports he excelled in running.  He was the fastest runner during his time at the school.  Their mission was to provide a balanced all-round quality education based on a strong Christian foundation.  Between semesters we went to Cape Town. It is located on the shore of Table Bay. We stayed at a Christian hostel in Fish Hoek, and really enjoyed not only the area and shopping but the fellowship and testimonies from the local people at the African Reformed Dutch church.

No comments:

Post a Comment